Smythesdale Prince Of Wales Lodge No. 40
Having been established in 1862, The Prince of Wales Lodge was formed under a Warrant, No 434, from the Grand Lodge of Ireland and met under that warrant for its first 37 years until in 1899 when the United Grand Lodge of Victoria was formed and the Lodge then met under a new Warrant, Numbered 40.
The Lodge originally met in the upstairs room of the Court House Hotel, Smythesdale (which is still operating) from its consecration in 1862 until 1906 when the purpose built Lodges rooms were then constructed across the road from the Hotel. The Lodge still meets in these lodge rooms today.
The first Worshipful Master was Wor Bro Michael Cashmore a merchant and the first Jewish settler of Melbourne who is remembered for his haberdashery business in Melbourne’s first brick building “Cashmore’s Corner” at 1 Elizabeth St.
The Prince of Wales Lodge is a small but happy and friendly Lodge with a long and proud history stretching back nearly 160 years, We meet on the Second Saturday of each month (except January) at 7.30pm and provide a warm welcome to our visitors.
Location: 54 Glenelg Highway, Smythesdale, Victoria
When: 2nd Saturday of each month.
Dress Code: Dinner suit and regalia.
Secretary: W.Bro Philip Perrin
Phone: (03) 5342 2238